Being in almost any role in organization allows me to have different viewpoints of work.
I started my Oracle work experience as a Forms & Reports and PL/SQL developer. I continued with doing more and more DBA work, but without losing ground with development. I like sometimes to write small programs with C and OCI, just for the feeling of writing fast and efficient programs.
I am also a certified Oracle Trainer for the Database Curriculum - lately doing more advanced courses like RAC, DataGuard.
I am also often involved with consulting service - mainly in the area of Oracle administration, but also J2EE architecture, and Security.
Now I am doing additionally management work - Technology innovation management and Project management.
- Troubleshooting - internals, optimizer, queries
- Performance management and monitoring
- High availability solutions - RAC, DG, MAA, ASM
- Backup and recovery
- Integrations, Java, JDBC, XML
- Installations on a very broad set of platforms -Linux, Windows, AIX, HP-UX, Solaris - Intel and Sparc, Tru64