Oracle Certification Program Guidelines
- Export Restrictions Policy
- Retake Policy
- Exam Voucher Policy
- Pricing Policy
- Assignment Submission Policy
- Exam Retirement Policy
- Certification Ownership Policy
- Recertification Policy
- Scoring Policy
- Logo Guidelines
- Oracle Certification Program Fraudulent Activity Policy
Prior to taking a certification exam, you will be required to accept the terms and conditions of the Oracle Certification Candidate Agreement. You will be presented with the agreement on screen before the test starts. You can also view this agreement prior to arriving at the testing center via the following link: Oracle Certification Candidate Agreement.
Minors gaining Oracle Certification
Minors may gain Oracle Certification by completing all certification requirements for the desired path. In addition, Oracle must have on file, a signed Minor Parent/Guardian Signature Page. More information is available in the Oracle Certification Program Candidate Agreement.
Please note that Oracle only requires minors (candidates under 18 years of age) to Scan & Email the Signed Oracle Certification Program Candidate Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Export Restrictions Policy
In accordance with U.S. trade laws and regulations, the following conditions apply to candidates who are nationals of countries under U.S. restriction (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria):
- We cannot directly or indirectly accept payment from, nor directly or indirectly deliver exams to candidates residing in export restricted countries.
- We cannot directly or indirectly accept payment from, nor directly or indirectly deliver exams to candidates who are nationals of export restricted countries, wherever located.
- If a national of an export restricted country registers for the exam at a test center in an authorized country, with an address in an authorized country, and arrives at the test center with an ID from an export restricted country, the candidate will be turned away and forfeit the exam fee.
- Case-by-case consideration may be given to permanent residents who are living outside the export restricted country.
- If a candidate is a national of an export restricted country and has permanent residence outside that country, the candidate may request an exemption by contacting Oracle Certification Support and providing a copy of a valid ID confirming the new permanent resident status.
- The candidate must provide two IDs at the test center, neither of which can contain an address in the export restricted country. One must be a government-issued ID from the new country of residence, confirming the candidate’s permanent resident status. Both IDs must contain the candidate’s signature.
- Please note, that though there are provisions for permanent residents, export licensing requirements may still apply, so even if the candidate has permanent residence outside of an export restricted country, we may not be able to allow the candidate to take a certification exam, or be able to provide the candidate with a certificate.
- These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis according to presiding US law.
- Candidates must wait 14 days before retaking a failed proctored exam. (Registration will be allowed on the 14th day)
- Candidates may retake an online non-proctored exam at any time.
- Candidates may not retake a passed exam at any time.
- Candidates may not retake a beta exam at any time.
- Candidates are only allowed 4 attempts to pass an exam in a 12-month period.
- Candidates must resubmit a failed Master Assignment within 30 days of receiving the notification of failing.
The retake policy was put in place to protect the integrity of the Oracle Certification Program exam content and allow the candidate additional time to prepare for a failed exam. Please note that violation of the retake policy in any way, including but not limited to, registering for and retaking an exam under a new Oracle Testing ID within the 14-day waiting period, is against policy and will be treated as a violation of the Exam Retake Policy. If a candidate creates a new ID in order to bypass the retake policy, the results of the retaken exam will be invalidated. No refunds or credit will be provided by Oracle or any of its partners.
Failure to adhere to this policy is a direct violation the Oracle Certification Candidate Agreement that you agreed to at the time you took the exam and could result in the additional actions such as (but not limited to) revocation of credentials that you hold or being banned from the Oracle Certification Program or barred from taking future Oracle exams.
Oracle University Oracle Certification Program (OCP) Exam Voucher Policy
Oracle University and Oracle University authorized Resellers may sell Oracle University (OCP) Exam Vouchers. Oracle and Pearson VUE, its test delivery partner, do not guarantee the authenticity of certification vouchers that are obtained from any individuals or entities other than Oracle or Oracle authorized resellers. Individuals who acquire and use counterfeit certification vouchers and/or certification vouchers obtained from an unauthorized source may be subject to program sanctions at the discretion of Oracle, including a lifetime ban on taking all future exams and the nullification of all previous exam results and certifications. Oracle will not compensate candidates for counterfeit vouchers or vouchers obtained from an unauthorized source.
OCP Exam Vouchers are purchased in advance as future payment for a specific OCP exam registration. At the time of exam registration, the OCP Exam Voucher value is applied to the exam fee as payment to Oracle's authorized testing vendor.
OCP Exam Vouchers (i) can be used by one person, one time, for one exam discount/fee only in the country of OCP Exam Voucher purchase (ii) are not valid after the expiration date, (iii) become void if altered or revised in any way, (iv) may not be canceled or redeemed for cash, credit or refund, and (v) may be used by the Purchaser only, except as permitted by a valid Oracle reseller agreement. Neither Oracle authorized testing vendors nor Oracle and its partners are responsible for vouchers that are lost or stolen. Exam registrations paid for with an OCP Exam Vouchers must be completed before the voucher expiration date. Expired OCP Exam Vouchers have no value and cannot be extended.
If you purchased an OCP Exam Voucher that includes a free retake as part of a special promotion, your voucher (i) can be used by one person on one attempt plus a retake of the same exam (ii) can only be used for a retake if there is a failed first attempt on file, (iii) becomes void for both attempts on the voucher expiration date. Most vouchers do not include a retake unless they are offered as a part of a promotion. You will only receive a retake under special circumstances. It will be clearly communicated in the voucher description and in the voucher letter if your voucher includes a retake.
Prior to taking your certification exam, you will be presented with an online Oracle Certification Program Candidate Agreement. Upon acceptance of the agreement, you will be able to proceed with the exam. To view a copy of the agreement, go to Oracle Certification Candidate Agreement.
When there are differences in the currencies accepted by Oracle University and the test vendor (Pearson VUE) for a particular country, the exam price will be provided in the currency offered by Oracle University. In these cases, candidates can either (1) purchase a voucher through Oracle University in the currency offered (usually local currency), or (2) purchase the exam directly from test vendor at the currency offered by the test vendor. Candidates will need to check exam prices at www.pearsonvue.com/oracle to confirm the currency accepted by the vendor for the selected exam. Exam price currency conversions are reviewed and updated annually at Oracle, and due to daily currency rate fluctuations - the USD price may not always exactly map to the stated price in local currency. Note that we will not provide refunds or adjustments for fluctuating currencies.
Assignment Submission Policy
- BOTH assignment and essay must be submitted within 6 months of assignment purchase date.
- No exceptions
- If you do not submit assignment and essay before the deadline, you will be required to purchase a new assignment.
- Assignment must be submitted before you can register for the essay.
- Assignment resubmissions must be submitted within 30 days of failure notification by email.
- No exceptions
- If you do not resubmit your assignment within 30 days of the failure notification (by the date highlighted in the failure notification email), you will be required to purchase a new assignment and essay.
Exam Retirement Policy
Oracle Certification Program normally provides 90 days notice for the retirement of any certification exam. We post announcements on the Certification Web site. We also notify exam candidates by email, so please be sure that you always have your most current contact information on file in your Oracle Profile and ensure that you have selected to receive communications from the Oracle Certification Program.
Certification Ownership Policy
Individual candidates are certified when the prerequisite requirements are met. The certification is valid and associated with an individual, and not a specific company.
Certain Oracle credentials require periodic recertification in order for Oracle to recognize them as “active”. For such credentials, you must upgrade to a current version within twelve (12) months following Oracle’s credential retirement to keep your certification in active status. Specific upgrade requirements for each credential will vary and Oracle will notify affected candidates of the applicable upgrade requirements upon credential retirement. Oracle requires candidates to hold an active credential in order to access certain certification benefits including, without limitation, use of Oracle certification logos, eCertificates, score reports and certification verification.
Exam Scoring Policy
Exam Passing Scores: Oracle routinely publishes new versions of its Oracle Certification exams. The passing score for each exam version is set independently to maintain a consistent scoring standard across versions. For example, to maintain a consistent standard for success, a new version of an exam which contains more difficult questions than the prior version will be assigned a somewhat lower required passing score. For this reason, passing scores may vary between different exams in your certification track, and between later and earlier versions of the same exam.
Oracle does not recommend an exam preparation strategy targeting the passing score, as passing scores are subject to change without notice.
Scored and Unscored Questions: Your exam may contain unscored questions in addition to the scored questions, so the total number of questions that are presented to you may be greater than the number shown on the exam page. This is standard testing practice. You will not know which questions are unscored. If your exam contains unscored questions, the time allowed for the exam takes into consideration the time you will need to answer all questions and review your work. Your exam results will reflect your performance on the scored questions only.
Oracle Certification Logos
Oracle Certification logos may be obtained from certview.oracle.com. Oracle certification logos may be used on your business card or resume, or a number of other places. You will first need to authorize your CertView account. To do this, you will need your Oracle Single Sign-On (SSO) and your Oracle Testing ID, Full Name (First and Last Name), Email Address and City. This information should be entered exactly as it is listed in your profile at www.pearsonvue.com/oracle. If you do not have an Oracle SSO you will be able to select an option to "Create a new account."
Please see the Oracle Certification Logo Guidelines regarding usage and placement of Oracle Certification Logos.
Oracle Corporation reserves the right to take action against any candidate involved in fraudulent activities, including, but not limited to, fraudulent use of vouchers, promotional codes, reselling exam discounts and vouchers, cheating on an exam, alteration of score reports, alteration of completion certificates, violation of exam retake policies or other activities deemed fraudulent by Oracle.
Oracle considers any contributions to, use of, or sharing of materials pertaining to Oracle certification exams (or "brain dumps") to be a violation of this Fraudulent Activity Policy. Candidates can check if the materials they are purchasing are prohibited brain dumps by visiting CertGuard's Brain Dump ID System at http://www.certguard.com/search.asp. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that all materials they purchase or use to prepare for exams are not violations of this Fraudulent Activity Policy.
If Oracle determines, in its sole discretion, that fraudulent activity has taken place, it reserves the right to take action up to and including, but not limited to, decertification of a candidate's OCA, OCP and/or OCM credentials, temporary, indefinite or permanent ban of a candidate from Oracle certification programs, notification to a candidate's employer, and notification to law enforcement agencies. Candidates found committing fraudulent activities forfeit all fees previously paid to Oracle, or to Oracle's authorized vendors, and may be required to pay additional fees for services rendered.
If you would like to report fraud, you can send a detailed email to email@example.com.