Follow the below directions to login to your web and audio conferences on the first day of class. As a reminder, students are requested to join class 30 minutes in advance on the first day to allow time for troubleshooting any issues.
1. Click the WebEx session link in your pre-class email notification.
Your pre-class email notification is sent approximately 6 days in advance of class.
If you didn’t receive it, please check with whomever enrolled you in the class, as they may have received it instead.
If you need further help locating your notification, please contact us.
2. Enter your name and email address where indicated and click Join Now. (show me)
Depending upon whether you have used WebEx before, you may need to install an ActiveX control to join the conference.
Click on the yellow bar and choose "Install ActiveX Control". (show me)
You may be asked if you want to run or install the application. Cick "Run" or "Install" as appropriate to continue.
If you are uncertain how the audio for your class is supported, click here.
If the audio for your class is supported via teleconference (e.g. standard telephone):
If the audio for your class is supported via VoIP
If the audio for your class is supported via VoIP, ensure your USB or Analog headset is plugged into your computer, and follow these additional steps.
1. A volume pop-up box will appear upon logging into WebEx.
2. Select the desired speaker and microphone volume levels, and then close the box.
3. From the top menu in WebEx, select Audio> Integrated VoIP > Leave Conference
4. Re-select Audio and then choose Audio Setup Wizard
This will launch the WebEx Audio Setup Wizard.
5. Follow the directions indicated in the Wizard and click Next (show me)
You will be asked to record some sound and play it back. (show me) You should be able to hear audio on your headset. Adjust the volume as needed.
6. Select Audio from the menu and choose Integrated VoIP > Join Conference
Close the volume pop-up box if it appears again.
You are now ready to participate using VoIP.